Component Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) In logistics, a part or combination of parts having a specific function, which can be installed or replaced only as an entity.
2.) One of the subordinate organizations that constitute a joint force.
- related target system component
- related Service component command
- related Department of Defense components
- related task component
- related target component
- related component-owned container
- related functional component command
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: logistics
Random Military Term