Container Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) An article of transport equipment that meets American National Standards Institute/International Organization for Standardization standards that is designed to facilitate and optimize the carriage of goods by one or more modes of transportation without intermediate handling of the contents.
- related container management
- related Service-unique container
- related Department of Defense container system
- related military specification container
- related common-use container
- related containership
- related component-owned container
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: logistics
Department of Defence, Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Term sourced from JP 4-01: Joint Doctrine for the Defense Transportation System, updated June 2013 View source document
This term is marked as active and was last updated in 2015
Random Military Term