Contamination Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) Food and/or water made unfit for consumption by humans or animals because of the presence of environmental chemicals, radioactive elements, bacteria or organisms, the byproduct of the growth of bacteria or organisms, the decomposing material or waste in the food or water.
2.) The deposit, absorption, or adsorption of radioactive material, or of biological or chemical agents on or by structures, areas, personnel, or objects.
- related operational decontamination
- related decontamination
- related contamination control
- related thorough decontamination
- related contamination mitigation
- related contamination avoidance
- related clearance decontamination
- related immediate decontamination
- see also residual radiation
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: operations
Department of Defence, Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Term sourced from JP 3-11: Operations in Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Environments, updated October 2013 View source document
This term is marked as active and was last updated in 2015
Random Military Term