Contingency Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
Term Source: JP 5-0 (Joint Operation Planning) ?
1.) A situation requiring military operations in response to natural disasters, terrorists, subversives, or as otherwise directed by appropriate authority to protect US interests.
- related contingency contracting
- related contingency ZIP Code
- related contingency engineering management organization
- related contingency operation
- related contingency basing
- related contingency contract
- related contingency plan
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: planning
Department of Defence, Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Term sourced from JP 5-0: Joint Operation Planning, updated August 2011 View source document
This term is marked as active and was last updated in 2015
Random Military Term
Term of the Day
More Military Terms:
Or: View Dictionary of Military Acronyms