Distribution Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) The process of assigning military personnel to activities, units, or billets.
2.) The arrangement of troops for any purpose, such as a battle, march, or maneuver.
3.) A planned spread of fire to cover a desired frontage or depth.
4.) The operational process of synchronizing all elements of the logistic system to deliver the "right things" to the "right place" at the "right time" to support the geographic combatant commander.
5.) A planned pattern of projectiles about a point.
6.) An official delivery of anything, such as orders or supplies.
- related hub and spoke distribution
- related inland petroleum distribution system
- related distribution pipeline
- related global distribution
- related distribution plan
- related joint distribution
- related distribution point
- related global distribution of materiel
- related theater distribution system
- related distribution manager
- related distribution system
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: logistics
Random Military Term