Materiel Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) All items necessary to equip, operate, maintain, and support military activities without distinction as to its application for administrative or combat purposes.
- related war reserve materiel requirement
- related pre-positioned war reserve materiel requirement, balance
- related materiel readiness
- related joint captured materiel exploitation center
- related pre-positioned war reserve materiel requirement, protectable
- related materiel requirements
- related global distribution of materiel
- related materiel inventory objective
- related materiel planning
- see also personal property
- see also equipment
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: logistics
Random Military Term