Mission Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) In common usage, especially when applied to lower military units, a duty assigned to an individual or unit; a task.
2.) The dispatching of one or more aircraft to accomplish one particular task.
3.) The task, together with the purpose, that clearly indicates the action to be taken and the reason therefore.
- related mission-oriented protective posture gear
- related airlift mission commander
- related mission command
- related preplanned mission request
- related emission security
- related mission assignment
- related immediate mission request
- related split-mission oriented protective posture
- related mission statement
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: operations
Department of Defence, Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Term sourced from JP 3-30: Command and Control of Joint Air Operations, updated February 2014 View source document
This term is marked as active and was last updated in 2015
Random Military Term