Mobilization Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) The process of assembling and organizing national resources to support national objectives in time of war or other emergencies.
2.) The process by which the Armed Forces of the United States or part of them are brought to a state of readiness for war or other national emergency, which includes activating all or part of the Reserve Component as well as assembling and organizing personnel, supplies, and materiel.
- related mobilization base
- related total mobilization
- related industrial mobilization
- related demobilization
- related full mobilization
- related partial mobilization
- related selective mobilization
- related mobilization station
- related mobilization site
- also called MOB
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: logistics
Random Military Term