Obstacle Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) Any natural or man-made obstruction designed or employed to disrupt, fix, turn, or block the movement of an opposing force, and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
- related obstacle zone
- related obstacle belt
- related reserved obstacles
- related obstacle restricted areas
- related obstacle clearing
- related barrier, obstacle, and mine warfare plan
- related reinforcing obstacles
- related tactical obstacles
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: operations
Department of Defence, Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Term sourced from JP 3-15: Barriers, Obstacles, and Mine Warfare for Joint Operations, updated June 2011 View source document
This term is marked as active and was last updated in 2015
Random Military Term