Target Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) In intelligence usage, a country, area, installation, agency, or person against which intelligence operations are directed.
2.) An area designated and numbered for future firing.
3.) An entity or object that performs a function for the adversary considered for possible engagement or other action.
- related target component
- related target analysis
- related deception target
- related target development
- related targeting
- related restricted target
- related target system component
- related target of opportunity
- related scheduled target
- related planned target
- related target system
- related target intelligence
- related unplanned target
- related dynamic targeting
- related stockpile to target sequence
- related targeteer
- related on-call target
- related target complex
- related unanticipated target
- related target folder
- related target system assessment
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: operations
Random Military Term