Base Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) A locality from which operations are projected or supported.
2.) An area or locality containing installations which provide logistic or other support.
3.) Home airfield or home carrier.
- related production base
- related base cluster commander
- related Modernized Integrated Database
- related joint base
- related base development (less force beddown)
- related intelligence database
- related base cluster
- related advanced base
- related mobilization base
- related base boundary
- related baseline costs
- related base defense
- related staging base
- see also facility
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: logistics
Random Military Term