Engage Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) To bring the enemy under fire.
2.) In air defense, a fire control order used to direct or authorize units and/or weapon systems to fire on a designated target.
- related engagement authority
- related simultaneous engagement
- related disengagement
- related engagement
- related community engagement
- related medical engagement protocols
- related military engagement
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: operations
Random Military Term