Engagement Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) A tactical conflict, usually between opposing lower echelons maneuver forces.
2.) In air defense, an attack with guns or air-to-air missiles by an interceptor aircraft, or the launch of an air defense missile by air defense artillery and the missile's subsequent travel to intercept.
- related simultaneous engagement
- related community engagement
- related military engagement
- related medical engagement protocols
- related disengagement
- related engagement authority
- see also campaign
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: operations
Random Military Term