Ordnance Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) Explosives, chemicals, pyrotechnics, and similar stores, e.g., bombs, guns and ammunition, flares, smoke, or napalm.
- related hung ordnance
- related HERO UNSAFE ordnance
- related explosive ordnance disposal
- related explosive ordnance disposal unit
- related ordnance handling
- related HERO SUSCEPTIBLE ordnance
- related HERO SAFE ordnance
- related explosive ordnance
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: operations
Department of Defence, Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Term sourced from JP 3-15: Barriers, Obstacles, and Mine Warfare for Joint Operations, updated June 2011 View source document
This term is marked as active and was last updated in 2015
Random Military Term