Search Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
Term Source: JP 3-50 (Personnel Recovery) ?
1.) A systematic reconnaissance of a defined area, so that all parts of the area have passed within visibility.
- related civil search and rescue
- related search and rescue numerical encryption grid
- related area search
- related operations research
- related inland search and rescue region
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: operations
Department of Defence, Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Term sourced from JP 3-50: Personnel Recovery, updated December 2011 View source document
This term is marked as active and was last updated in 2015
Random Military Term
Term of the Day
More Military Terms:
- external support contract
- combined arms team
- kill box
- patient movement policy
- joint personnel reception center
Or: View Dictionary of Military Acronyms