Source Definition - MilitaryDictionary.org
1.) In interrogation activities, any person who furnishes information, either with or without the knowledge that the information is being used for intelligence purposes.
2.) In clandestine activities, a person (agent), normally a foreign national, in the employ of an intelligence activity for intelligence purposes.
3.) A person, thing, or activity from which information is obtained.
- related source registry
- related all-source intelligence
- related military resources
- related military source operations
- related intelligence source
- related controlled source
- related source management
- related collection resource
- related resources
- see also collection agency
- see also agent
In the United States, military vocabulary is standardized by the Department of Defence. These terms are used by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.
Term Classification: intelligence
Department of Defence, Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Term sourced from JP 2-01: Joint and National Intelligence Support to Military Operations, updated January 2012 View source document
This term is marked as active and was last updated in 2015
Random Military Term
More Military Terms:
- critical joint duty assignment billet
- space weather
- air support operations center
- boat space
Or: View Dictionary of Military Acronyms